Intrepid botches

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Nov 10 20:11:53 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/10/2008 06:11 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> Mario Vukelic wrote:

    On this new Compaq Presario CQ50-139WM which I purchased last
Saturday, I found that the LiveCD for Intrepid was the only one that
worked. I did all the partition changes and loaded Intrepid and am not
happy with it.

    The LiveCD for Hardy stops with a busybox and the error which reads:

    udevd-event[1538] Run-program '/sbin/modprobe abnormal exit

    I want to change to Hardy on this lap-top because it is a fully
complete system that I am now using on this computer. I prefer that the
lap-top and this computer are the same thing. Saves a lot of problems.

    If you know how I can load Hardy I would like to know how.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User