Mail announce in Thunderbird (Ubuntu 8.04)

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Mon Nov 10 12:25:45 UTC 2008

tux wrote:
> I tried this too but still no sound just the pop-up window at the bottom
> left of screen.
>
> Larry Shields wrote:
>
>> *At the point of using a .wav sound in Thunderbird, click on brouse, go
>> to /usr/share/sounds, and choose which sound that you would like...
>>
>> I use KDE_Beep_Lightning.wav...There are many more, also you can
>> download any .wav file and put it in your own dir., then use the same
>> format to use it as in the above...
>>
>> Hope this helps...
>>
>> Larry
>> *

*Do you have any sound at all on your system...???

I had sound when I first installed Intrepid, but made a mistake at some
point and lost all sound, so I gave up and reinstalled intrepid...I now
have my sound back, vlc, mplayer all work just fine, I also have
limewire it also works...

So did you have sound when you first installed intrepid, if so, you
might thing about reinstalling it and start new...

Larry
*