Audio doesn't play while playing a DVD

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Fri Nov 7 09:20:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 19:54 -0800, Jonathan D. Armendariz wrote:

> I can play a DVD movie using Movie Player (Xine) and the video comes
> up just fine but problem is that there's no audio whatsoever. Tried
> poking around the settings but no joy.

1) Which Ubuntu version

2) Is there sound in other applications?

3) Is there sound when playing the dvd in other players, like vlc?

2) Which setting for "Configuration experience" do you have in the xine
settings? That's on the first tab. You need Advanced to be able to see
and change the "audio driver to use" on the audio tab. You will probably
have to set it to pulseaudio.