Linksys WP54G v4 +WPA

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 7 01:37:51 UTC 2008

On 11/06/2008 10:34 AM, Steven Davies-Morris wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
[snip]
>> I downloaded and extracted the Tosiba driver from:
>> http://driverscollection.com/?file_id=32880
>> Removed the linksys driver (using ndisgtk), loaded the Toshiba WinXP
>> neti2220.inf and like magic logged into my router using WPA :-)
>>
>> Signal strength is 100% around the house & download speeds testing from
>> http://myspeed.visualware.com is showing full strenght for my DSL
>> connection!
>>
>> I'm free, I'm free! I can now wander about the house with my new $3.00
>> toy :-)
>
> That's brilliant!  Well done, sir!

Thanks :-) Also found that uninstalling the linksys installation package
in Win2K (it's a dual-boot) and installing the Toshiba (Inprocomm -
www.inprocomm.com.tw) drivers from the link got WPA working in Win2KPro
as well.

So, anyone with a WP54G *Version 4* in the junkbox: pull it back out &
fire it up as it does work with WPA in both in Ubuntu (hardy 8.04.1
2.6.24-21-generic) and in Win2KPro.

Slight correction to my "I can now wander about the house with my new
$3.00 toy"... should be: only as far as the extension cord will take me;
the A21M has no battery at all & the T30 battery only lasts for about 45
minutes :-( :-)