Lost Documents and Photos and desktop files and folders

Roger Benham rogerbenham2000 at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 6 23:42:37 UTC 2008

Well it can hardly get worse. I downloaded the .iso, burned a CD of 8.10

I installed 8.10 following instructions (I thought).

So now I have 8.10 installed but everything that I had in 8.04 has disappeared. All my desktop documents and folders, all my home folder items such as photographs, pictures, documents.

The disadvantage of digital photos as 14 months worth were in there including those of my wife. I am a selling photographer (not a geek).

Is there any way I can recover what I lost?

Thanks,
Roger.