Scheduled audio recording software

John Masters johnmasters at oxtedonline.net
Thu Nov 6 22:33:30 UTC 2008

On 16:18 Thu 06 Nov     , randy mcelligott wrote:
> I have been using Ubuntu for two weeks now. On my Mac I use Audio Hijack
> Pro which allows me to set a schedule to record shows off the radio. So
> for example, I have it set up to record a show on Sunday's at 2pm,
> another schedule to record a show on Tuesdays at 5pm every week etc...
>
> Is there such software for Ubuntu? This is the only application that is
> holding me back from using Ubuntu on a regular basis.
>
> Thanks!

There was a pretty good Windows prog I used to use, forget the name.
Never did find the equivalent for Linux so went back to Mac and Audio
Hijack, Fission etc. Now run Ubuntu solely through VMWare Fusion and of
course Debian on my server. Much as I like Linux, (and I DO love it),
there is still a way to go in getting developers to create the apps we
need. Many Mac apps, and I mean the small to medium sized everyday
useful apps, are written by small software houses, often one or two
programmers. They have to live and pay the bills. Some, as they become
more successful, may choose to give something to the OSS community.
Otherwise Linux has to rely on philanthropic millionaires, large
software houses seeking cheap testing or ones own resources.

I am now retiring to my underground bunker till the flak stops flying.
:)

--
Regards, John