Terminal server on ubuntu server

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 11:19:12 UTC 2008

2008/11/6 Александр Горлов <mail.list.4.ag.hob at gmail.com>:
> Could you please clarify?
>
> If I not mistake SSH gives access to server via console, but I would like to
> give to users graphic desktop likr GNOME or KDE

As several people have noted, you could use VNC or one of it's
spinoffs (the remote desktop applications, which I think are VNC
based). However, it is much safer to simply forward X via SSH. You
might be able to forward and entire desktop that way if that is what
you want (I don't know how, but you should be able to google it easily
enough). Forwarding single applications is very easy, as I mentioned
above.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com