Terminal server on ubuntu server

Carl Friis-Hansen ubuntuuser at carl-fh.com
Thu Nov 6 10:09:57 UTC 2008

Александр Горлов wrote:
 > Could you please clarify?
 >
 > If I not mistake SSH gives access to server via console, but I would
like to give to users graphic desktop likr GNOME or KDE

Then what you are looking for is probably either:

"Remote Desktop Viewer" (client) and "Remote Desktop" (server).
These are installed by default - I think.

or

You could have a look at VNC sever and client for example.

Be very careful in case you go beyond local area network though.
As a previous poster noted, one can relative safely use SSH2 console
connection, when set up properly.
--
       | Carl Friis-Hansen               | Fiskeryd Nybygget |