Printing problem on Ricoh printers

a fuji afujihara at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:29:29 UTC 2008

Dear subscribers of ubuntu-users mailing list,

I'm using two Ricoh printers (Ricoh IPSiO NX730N and Ricoh IPSiO Color 8100)

through the local network. Both printers worked well on Ubuntu 8.04,
but don't work after upgrading to 8.10.

Printing jobs seem to be tranferred successfully, because the printer icon,
which appears at printing on the gnome panel, appears, after then disappears
without any error message. But, the printers never respond outwardly.

Although I searched on Google, I couldn't find any useful information about
this issue.
So I have no idea how to print on 8.10 as it did on 8.04.
Does anybody know how to solve this printing problem?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

--
afujihara
email: afujihara at gmail.com