procmail and maildir

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 19:43:30 UTC 2008

I know how to pick up mail with fetchmail and stick it in
/var/mail/username as mbox format with procmail.
I think I want to try using maildir instead of mbox format with dovecot.
Every example I can find has you create maildir set up in the /home/user
- Is there a reason you would not have the incoming mail stored on
/var/mail or anything I should know about setting this up? It just seems
if I keep the mail boxes for the imap server in /var it makes it easy to
move it in the future to NFS or an additional hard drive if I need more
space. It also makes mail backup easier since I can just back up /var/mail.

              Thanks
               Linda