Black Screen instead of desktop

Peter Baily peter.baily at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 5 12:30:27 UTC 2008

2008/11/4 Peter Baily <peter.baily at dsl.pipex.com>:

> > I have had the problem with 8.04 quite regularly ( and reported it)
> > after downloading upgrades.   Two or three reboots in succession usually
> > resolves the problem - but nobody has offered an explanation or a cure.
> >
> > --

2008/11/04 Owen Townend <owen.townend at gmail.com>

Hey,
  Responding to digests breaks threading, so you need to add the
subject and some context for your response to make sense and for it to
be noticed by those following the thread you are trying to participate
in.

Hope this helps,
cheers,
Owen.

Thanks for the admonition!

The original comment (the whole of Vol 51, Issue 3, - No Title) complained of the appearance of a black screen instead of the desktop on startup of v8.10.