Do I need to worry about viruses and defragmentation?

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Nov 4 21:40:58 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 16:28 -0500, Michael Haney wrote:

> There are virus checkers for Linux.  ClamAV is the most notable and
> Avast makes a commercial AV program for Linux.

Not wanting to restart the same argument again, but for the benefit of
the OP: these exist almost exclusively to enable Unix mail servers to
protect Windows mail clients from Windows viruses (but yes, they will
come in handy if in the future Unix-like systems should be targeted by
and prove vulnerable to email viruses)

Again to the OP: if you search the list archives (use
"site:lists.ubuntu.com" on google or use gmane.org), you will find all
possible arguments about the "linux virus?" argument in the archive :)