demo username and password

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 21:14:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 10:19 -0800, masih nilesh wrote:
>> I downloaded Ubuntu from the Univ of MD mirror site and wanted to demo
>> it off the CD.  I am being prompted for a username/pwd and I have not
>> been able to find credentials that work.  The usual ones do not work
>> and it always brings me to the login screen and not straight to the
>> desktop.  Little help...
>
> You should not be prompted, but this repeatedly came up on the list over
> the last year or so. IIRC nobody ever found a reason, but every time I
> read about it, it could be fixed by burning the CD as slower speed.
> YMMV.

That doesn't really answer the question.  Hardly ever a straight answer here.

I've always used "root" as the username and "root" as the password and
that's worked before.

This has happened to me not only on Ubuntu LiveCDs but also
SimplyMEPIS and Sabayon Linux LiveCDs as well so this isn't an Ubuntu
only thing.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com