Creating a share

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Nov 4 13:43:43 UTC 2008

Pat wrote:
> I'm trying to create a share on a second computer I have so I can
> access it remotely, but I get a 255 error. I don't have 'permission' to
> do this. Since I can't log in as root on an Ubuntu machine to do this,
> how do I set up this share?

Sorry, I can't help you with the share thing, but what do you mean
with "Since I can't log in as root on an Ubuntu machine to do this"? The
standard Ubuntu installation has the root account locked. You can login
as root e.g. with the command "sudo su". Look here for more details:
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo>

Nils