Still having problems viewing dvd's

Mark markfpyles at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 03:36:03 UTC 2008

Hi everyone:

Sorry to be such a pain, but I am trying to use mplayer or any player
for that matter that will allow me to play my dvd's. I am searching for
a player that will allow me to have more control over the functions of
the player and be able to view the dvd menu. That isn't happening with
mplayer. It shows up for two seconds and that's the last I see of it. Do
I not have everything installed? I appreciate the help. Thank you.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop running Ubuntu 8.04. Thanks.