GoogleEarth with Ubuntu 8.10

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:31:36 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Chaman Singh Verma <csv610 at gmail.com> wrote:
> May be I didn't understand your suggestions.
>
> 1.   I used synpatic Hardware Drivers and used Nvidia 177.80 version, and
>    I didn't install any other drivers. How should I add nvidia-glx for 32
> bit ?

It may have automatically installed the 32 bit components. There is a
question in the installation for the nvidia driver if you install it
from Nvidia's website, it will ask you to install the 32 bit
components.

In the list file for the nvidia driver 177 package, I see various
files under lib32, which are the 32 bit equivalent libraries for the
user component (non kernel) of the driver.

Perhaps you might retry installing googleearth from the medibuntu repository.