Inability to type

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 4 00:20:45 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 11/3/08, Allen Meyers <texas.chef94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Allen Meyers <texas.chef94 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Inability to type
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Monday, November 3, 2008, 5:45 PM
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM, NoOp
> <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > On 11/03/2008 01:31 PM, Allen Meyers wrote:

> availability. Rebooted no
> password, but that is not text Hope

> and click on "Failsafe Gnome' then
> & password & see if the keyboard
> > >
> > > *  I did as you instructed and status is the
> same, but this additional
> > >
> > >   information might help. The inability to type
> is obviously a KDE
> > >
> > >   File concern as that is the only session this
> occurs in. I am in
> > >
> > >   Ubuntu with a kubuntu desk top. Please advise
> from this new
> > >
> > >   information or do I need to go to the KDE list
> not intended to
> > >
> > >   cast any doubts on your KDE ability. [?][?]
> > >
> > >   I sincerely appreciate your assistance.
> > >
> > >   Allen
> > > *
> >
> > Unfortunately I don't use KDE, so I can't much
> help you there. When you
> > change sessions do you have an option to select
> 'Gnome sesson'?
> >
> > Also:
> >
> > 1. Please bottom post (place your comments after the
> other comments).
> > 2. What were you doing when you lost the ability to
> type?
> > 3. Did you also try booting using the recovery mode?
> > 4. What type of keyboard? PS/2, USB, Wireless, Other.
>

>    This is a HP laptop dual boot XP and ububtu with the
> addition of the
>     the kubuntu desktop. I have tried all that was
> suggested and I
> appreciate
>     your efforts. I am at least fortunate enough to have
> gnome and will
>     confine my sessions to there until I am able to find a
> KDE fix. Falling
>     short of that I guess I can uninstall kubuntu or a more
> extreme measure
>     start over. I do like kubuntu.
>
>      Allen

Allen, you still are not giving useful info on your issue as I have mentioned to you off-list several times.  What ubuntu version and what kde version? 64 or 32 bit? Also, you didn't answer the previous person's questions either but you did bottom post, that's good. If you help the list to help you you stand a better chance of getting a solution. I suspect that you haven't tried the things I sent you off-list in response to your off-list request as you hardly had time to read it.  You just need to slow down, relax, and do some of the things I and others suggest and see what the outcome is. It does take some time to get a reply and sometimes you wont get one.  People on the list would like to know what you were doing when, or immediately before, the issue came up and also what suggestions you have tried and the results.  One may already have solved your problem if you tried it. So, please try what I and others have suggested and let us know what the
 outcome was.  As mentioned in the OP's questions, "What were you doing that caused the problem"? I know, I'm repeating myself but maybe you will tell us this time.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net