Burning Live CD

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 3 19:55:37 UTC 2008

On 11/03/2008 06:46 AM, Allen Meyers wrote:
> Being a newbie is no excuse for this oversight if that is what this is all
> about.
> I used the only bland media I had at hand (dumb) it was DVD+RW
> So if I am understanding  correctly I should be using an R not an RW and not
> DVD.
> After I hear back I will truck on down the road to wal-mart and get a better
> burning media.

What is the model of your device?

Please post the terminal output for the cdrom sections from:

sudo lshw

Example:
 *-cdrom:0
                product: DVD DC DQ60
                vendor: BENQ
                physical id: 2
                bus info: scsi at 2:0.0.0
                logical name: /dev/cdrom
                logical name: /dev/dvd
                logical name: /dev/scd0
                logical name: /dev/sr0
                version: MRCC
                capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram
                configuration: ansiversion=5 status=open