How to set gnome up, so it only obeys simple mouse click
mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Nov 3 19:01:50 UTC 2008
On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 14:53 +0100, bqz69 wrote:
> each time I place the mouse cursor anywhere, something happens, that
> is windows opens and closes so quickly, that I cannot reach to respond
> - or a folder is created on the desktop (when I try to click right
> mouse button).
Do you use an actual mouse or a touchpad? I'm asking because it sounds
like a too-sensitive touchpad with "tap to click" enabled. If you indeed
use a touchpad, do the following:
* Alt+F2. This brings up the run dialog
* Type "gnome-mouse-properties" (w/o the quotes). It will autocomplete
* Then press Enter. The mouse properties window will appear
* Press Arrow-right twice to move to the tab "Touchpad"
* Press Tab twice. This moves the selection to "Enable mouse clicks ..."
* Press Enter to toggle the setting to "off"
More information about the ubuntu-users