Burning Live CD

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Nov 3 15:08:22 UTC 2008

Allen Meyers wrote:
> I used the only bland media I had at hand (dumb) it was DVD+RW
> So if I am understanding  correctly I should be using an R not an RW
> and not DVD.

You can burn an iso file which is meant to be used with a CD to a DVD but
you have to tell the burner program you want to burn to DVD - at least if
you want to burn it with K3B. And it should not matter if you use R or RW
media - I use both. And in your case of a DVD+RW medium your burner must
support DVD+RW but probably you would not have bought that type if your
burner doesn't support the medium.

Nils