Burning Live CD

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Mon Nov 3 14:26:52 UTC 2008

Allen Meyers wrote:
> No my focus is to repair my CD ROM capability. The exchange between HP
> and myself did occur in windows, but only because naturally he knew
> nothing about Linux.
> I In Linux I have tried everything and CD ROM does not recognize blank
> media in either OS
> Any help appreciated

ok, you CD burner seems to be playing CDs but apparently it does not
recognize balnk media for burning.
Is this correct?

If so, is this REALLY a CD BURNER (no joke, I had a customer complain
that he could not burn ;-)?

If yes, the only solution I can think of is to try with a different type
of blank CD R/RWs.

Lastly, if all of this fails, I would  suggest to try with CDburner XP (
http://cdburnerxp.se/). It probably will not solve the problem, but it's
free and worth a try.
Ultimately, a new internal burner (they tend to be cheaper that external
models) will probably, what you will need.

Kind regards
Eberhard