PDF viewer for Evolution?

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Nov 3 07:10:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 00:28 -0500, Mark wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am using a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop using ubuntu 8.04. I want to
> know is if there is a pdf viewer for evolution. When I have an email
> that comes in that is a pdf I'd like to be able to view preview it
> without having to open it completely. Thank you.
>
> Mark

I don't think that Evolution, the default mail client, can let you
preview PDFs, regardless of viewer.

As for you question about "it there a viewer", yes there are:
      * Evince, the default PDF viewer in Gnome, I don't think it can be
        used to view PDFs inline in email or browser
      * Adobe Reader can be installed from the Medibuntu repository [1].
        It can work as a plugin in Firefox (if you install the plugin
        part), but AFAICT not in Evolution

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu