Re: Global ”auto correction”?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:24:16 UTC 2008

2008/11/2 Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com>

> This looks promising (though written in python), but I could not get
> it working in Intrepid...
>
> http://autokey.sourceforge.net/

Yes, that's the one I tested so far. It didn't support UTF-8, which makes it
totally useless to me. I wrote to the author about this and he said that it
shouldn't be too hard to change it to support UTF-8, but I have never tried
Python so I guess I'm not the right person to do it.
But I guess I could rewrite it in C++ if I knew about a few basic things
about how to "listen" to the keyboard and affect the stream it produces, but
so far I'm more a kind of a beginner with those things. I am trying to
relearn C++; I studied it in 1993 but haven't used it since then and now I
noticed that they introduced a whole lot of new features that I have add to
my learning curve… I guess I need a kick in the ass and a few good reference
manuals for some good libraries etc… And i bit more C++ practicing. Right
now I'm trying to understand Qt4, but I don't think I need much of a GUI for
this thing, on the other hand.
J.R: