Dual Monitor Support

Mallikarjuna Rao malli.pinjala at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:05:15 UTC 2008

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure which graphics card i'm using!! because
When i ran lspci -v | less, i'm getting following output:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Eaglelake Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 1003
        Memory at fe400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
        Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        I/O ports at f1c0 [size=8]
        Capabilities: <access denied>

I'm using ubuntu 8.04. I ran the nvidia-xconfig from command line.
and got the below output. Also attaching my xorg.conf file. I tried with
several combinations of xorg.conf but unsuccessful.
How to add the Configured Video Device?. Do we need to install any drivers
for this?. Please help me out in this regard.

*test at test:/etc/X11$ sudo nvidia-xconfig

Using X configuration file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf".

VALIDATION ERROR: Data incomplete in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
                 Device section "Configured Video Device" must have a Driver
line.

Backed up file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' as '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup'
New X configuration file written to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'*

--
Thanks & Regards,
Mallik