Triple boot

Glenn Holmer gholmer at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 1 16:27:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-01 at 10:29 -0500, Rajiv Vyas wrote:
> I have installed XP and am planning to installing 8.10 on one portion
> and Madriva on the remaining. I've never triple booted before. My
> questions are: should I install 8.10 first or Mandriva; and two, how
> do I partition the drive when installing 8.10?

Doesn't matter which Linux you install first if W*****s is already there
(he likes to overwrite the MBR).  See the "Exotica" section near the
bottom of this page for a couple of ways to do it:

http://www.lyonlabs.org/booting.html

Do keep a bootable CD around; I recommend the gparted one:

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

--
"After the vintage season came the aftermath - and Cenbe."
Glenn Holmer  (Q-Link: ShadowM)  http://www.lyonlabs.org