Intrepid and networks

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Sat Nov 1 14:31:17 UTC 2008

Network Manager, upon restart, wouldn't allow me to go out of the gateway.

My DNS was missing. I could ping internally but not web browse...

Network Manager wouldn't let me edit anything, gave a read-only error
(c.82, I think was the number?)

I think this was a bug during the beta phase, and someone said they
altered their interfaces file to just have auto eth0 and restarted and
then DHCP worked for them.

I did this, and unfortunately it wiped my static configuration, but at
least I can get online again.

I upgraded a different system yesterday and the video broke (Intel bug,
someone suggested). I upgraded this, my primary workstation, and video
worked great on my nVidia card, but network manager is busted.

AAAGGGHHH!

I'm really hoping updates will be coming soon!