another interesting video problem VLC won't play dvd- resolved.

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat May 31 18:37:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-31 at 14:18 -0400, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I am using 8.04 ubuntu.  Chris had me install fglrx, I am rather
> certain.
>
> I do not have 'Applications--Other."  What, this is supposed to be
> there?

Only if fglrx-control is installed. Try that.

Note that this is not strictly needed, just another thing to try if
otherwise it doesn't work.

Did you try the Screen Resolution control panel from Top Panel > menu
System > Preferences? It also has a "clone screen" checkbox. Maybe you
should try this first.