problem with nvidia geforce2 mx200

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 17:51:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:45 AM, David Fox wrote

> of the xorg.conf as something to use or maybe hack on. Anyway, I'm
> back in business, for the moment. Now to see if those compiz & 3d
> artifacts are going to persist.

(replying to myself)

I went ahead and ran fusion-icon. It's looking like it works, but the
artifacts are even worse than with the old driver. Now I can't see
hardly anything at all. For instance, all the text in windows like
firefox are missing, so I can't read the text. I can't read any text
in shell windows either, and all the icons at the bottom of the screen
are mangled. Anyway, I rebooted into plain 2d kde for now.