Lowering phone expense, Which VOIP do people on the forum use?

Rajiv Vyas rajiv1 at gmail.com
Sat May 31 16:49:50 UTC 2008

Debating between Gizmo 5 and Skype. Goal is to use it on 8.04 as well
as a regular phone. I am looking for good call quality, flexibility
(desktop, cell as well as a regular phone instrument), and low
expense. Which and how people use VOIP on this forum.

I use Vonage and cell phone but am thinking about getting rid of
Vonage and switching to Skype. With certain instruments, you don't
need to have the computer on to use a Skype phone and the annual
expense is a fraction of what I pay Vonage.

>From what little research I've done so far, Gizmo 5, is more flexible
and cheaper, but can't be used when the computer is not on and hence
is not a total replacement for Vonage.

Thanks,

Rajiv