ddclient.conf documentation

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Sat May 31 03:42:00 UTC 2008

NoOp said the following on 05/24/2008 08:20 PM:
> Check the archives and you will find a thread on this. Here is what
> worked for me:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/131745

Well, I got it working.  I think from RTFM and the docs on OpenDNS.com.
You must use SSL for updating OpenDNS.com.
DynDNS.com does not care.

My working ddclient.conf follows:
ssl=yes
pid=/var/run/ddclient.pid
protocol=dyndns2
use=web, web=http://myipaddressserver.com

# dnsomatic should update both
server=updates.dnsomatic.com, login=loginname, password='password'
all.dnsomatic.com

# server=members.dyndns.org, login=mylogin, password='password'
myname.dyndns.org

# server=updates.opendns.com, login=mylogin, password='passwod' opendnsid

It worked prior to converting to dnsOmatic.com, but works with it as well.

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
 Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more! - Hairy Mary (166)