Old Toshiba laptop not seeing all the screen under 8.04

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Fri May 30 16:22:06 UTC 2008

The laptop is an 8 year old Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600. The VGA
controller is a Cyberblade/XP by Trident.  This morning on a whim I put
Hardy 8.04 on it, a clean replace of "Darya" Mint Linux 4.0 (based on
Feisty).  Now I only get 800 resolution and a ton of unusable black
space around the edges.  When I go into the Screen Resolution tool it
won't offer many anything greater than 800.  What's my next move?
NP: Radio Piece III "Tesseract And Monuments"