libdvdcss Solved

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri May 30 15:30:11 UTC 2008

    There seems to be some mis-understanding here. Let me clear it up if
possible.

    If you use Use Add Remove Programs or Synpatic Package Manager and
look for the non-ubuntu software you will find it. If you load the whole
package it says your set. People directed me to this source and I did it
and was not set. I still could not watch a movie on a DVD.

    I asked again how do you get libdvdcss because I know from earlier
times that is what you need. Today I got lots of help that was to the
point. Not non-ubuntu but rather how to get the library you need.

    If you want to just get the movie part working it is not simple but
it is a direct way to get just the library you need.

    What I used was:

sudo /usr/share/doc/libdvdread3/install-css.sh

and it worked fine.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI