Ubuntu and 3ds max

Philippe Didier pdidier at neptuneconcept.com
Fri May 30 09:55:36 UTC 2008

sandrs wrote:
> Hello
> During the last 4 years I have worked with 3ds max (on windows). But I
> want to use OS Linux (Ubuntu). However I can't do it. Becous 3ds max
> is incompatible with Linux. I have a lot of friends who work with 3ds
> max and want also to work in Linux.
>
> May be new Ubuntu 8.04 and 3ds max compatible now? Or when you project
> this? And do you project it generally?
> Or please give me a note to read about it.
>
> Best
> Alexander

Hi,

Autodesk will answer you more clearly than Ubuntu team. 3dsmax is not
built on Linux. You will find some threads speaking about this, and
about Maya, and comparing Blender to 3dsmax.

http://ph.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=738318

I wish you good luck but to answer shortly : no 3dsmax on Ubuntu 8.04.
Maybe you should look around 3dsmax / Virtualbox/ Linux.
;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5STAqsYKFg

Philippe