How do I install a bin file?

وفا خلیقی، Vafa Khalighi vafa at live.com.au
Thu May 29 16:26:13 UTC 2008

Let's say I have a binary file named texmaker_linux_installer, I first move it to my home folder and then I do the following to install it. (first open a terminal)

vafa at vafa-desktop:~$ chmod a+x texmaker_linux_installer

vafa at vafa-desktop:~$ sudo ./texmaker_linux_installer

[sudo] password for vafa: #give your own password here

 hope, it helps you.

 I trust my family jewels only to Linux

Search for local singles online @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30290&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Search_OCT07&_m=EXT