How do I install a bin file?

Pat Brown pat.mysterywriter at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:01:09 UTC 2008

How can I install a bin file from a terminal? I have GoogleEarth and I
tried installing it with the Package Manager before but though it seemed
to install would never show up anywhere as an app to run. I can find a
lot of various files when I unpack the downloaded bin file, but I have
no idea how to run them, or even what to run. Does anyone here use
GoogleEarth? I tried signing up for the GoogleEarth help list, but the
advice I got was next to useless - I could never find the files where
people said they were.

I'm stumped. I'd like to use GoogleEarth, but it looks like I should
have kept my Windows partition to do so.

--

Pat Brown
pat.mysterywriter at gmail.com
http://www.pabrown.ca/

L.A. Heat, the first Chris and David mystery