whice file system is better?

Francis Earl francis.earl at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:44:00 UTC 2008

It will have used ext3.

That's fine, although I personlly believe it should at least provide a
different partition for /home by default.

You should be fine, although you'll lose all data if you decide to
switch distro's, or if you want to reinstall for some reason. It really
creates too many hassles for you if you don't have a seperate /home.

If you don't plan on venturing outside of Ubuntu, and you have no issues
with upgrades, you should be fine though with the defaults.

You can look at my previous reply within this thread to see why I
recommend ext3 though.