Hardware Devices

Steve Cook yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 21:21:51 UTC 2008

Justin Tan wrote:
> I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 and I cannot find the Device Manager or
> Hardware Manager anywhere on my gnome desktop.
>
> The closest that I have is from clicking System>Administration>
> Hardware Drivers/ Hardware Testing
>
> Could anyone help me?
>
> Thanks Justin

Depends what you're really after, there's GNOME device manager based on
HAL, which is in the repositories.

This is a GNOME program to manage devices and device drivers. It's
inspired by hal-device-manager, from the HAL project, but rewritten in C
for efficiency and an outlook to actually make it manage devices rather
than just show information.

If this isn't it, let the list know what you want to do and somebody
might be able to point you in the right direction.