Totem and VLC

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed May 28 15:06:40 UTC 2008

    I am setting up my new 7.10 and did apt-get vlc which is working
with all but movies. I need a special codex for that. But forget what
it's name is.

    I am trying to leave Totem installed but get VLC to be the selected
viewer for movies and things. I went to System - Preferences - Preferred
Applications and found that Totem was the one. I changed to a Custom and
in the Command put vlc. Alas this does not work.

    Since Totem is no longer the preferred application why does it keep
coming up?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI