Should I and how do I install libxine < 1.1.8 for Miro

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed May 28 06:11:43 UTC 2008

Rick Berger wrote:
> I've just upgraded to 8.04 and found it's Miro doesn't like my previous
> version's of Miro's data files. So I tried installing Miro's latest
> package from Miro's repository again, but it requires libxine < 1.1.8
> not the 8.04's current 1.1.11.1 version. Of course it won't install. So
> how do I install a earlier version of libxine and can I do it without
> breaking other applications?

I have no idea what that Miro thing is, but you could probably find an
older libxine from packages.ubuntu.com. However the problem is that other
programs coming with Ubuntu need libxine in the version coming with Hardy
(or newer). Maybe you should consider installing Miro in a virtual
machine together with an older Ubuntu version.

Nils