Environment variables

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Tue May 27 20:01:35 UTC 2008

Robert Holtzman wrote the following on 27.05.2008 21:29

</snip>

> Not having any programming background, I may have missed the relavent part
> of this file. I don't see any direct reference to creating an .environment
> file. How about educating me?
>
> Thanks

right it doesn't talk about creating a "~/.environment" but it talks about a
file that is able to contain and propagate user defined variables to the
launched session. That's at least is what OP is asking for.

<--------  /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg/changelog.gz  --------
$HOME/.xsessionrc
This file, if present, will get sourced during the start of your X
session. This allows you to set session-wide environment variables easily
for things like locale information.

HTH
--
bye Thilo