Ubuntu Evangelism

Andy stude.list at googlemail.com
Tue May 27 14:13:23 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> In order to crack down on the
> rampant software pirating at my university, the university simply
> bought MS Windows and MS Office for everybody.

What about all the people who had already paid for MS Windows and MS
Office? How come MS get paid twice for the same thing? And what about
those people who don't want to use that software?

> This, while we have had
> three semesters in a row of strikes because the staff wants higher pay
> and the students want to pay less.

Well if they will spend all their money on buying unneeded software!
Why did they not just order some CDs of Ubuntu of ShipIt?

Which Uni is this anyway?

> They also bough Norton Antivirus
> for the whole university last semester after a virus outbreak.

Ah every one using the same AV. So if Symantec are slow to update for a
particular virus/variant the *entire* university is up a creek.

Andy