Cannot install Hardy on Acer 5050

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 26 14:32:32 UTC 2008

On 05/25/2008 09:14 PM, Philippe Didier wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Yes I did but this page is little bit outdated, and there is so many
> Acer laptop. Even mine, is a 5050 but some components inside are
> different from other 5050.
> Anyway, this Acer boots with Feisty and Gutsy but not unfortunately with
> Hardy.
> Is there anything I can do, or maybe open a bug in Kernel ?
> Any advices ?
> Philippe

I would open a bug if you cannot find one filed already:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.searchtext=Acer+5050&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>
Look there to see if you can add to an existing bug instead.

Also have a look at:
[[needs-packaging] acer_acpi]