help with loading ubuntu

Steve Vesper evetsrepsev at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 18:39:45 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have a computer running vista that I cannot get to the desk top. This computer kept blue screening and I seem to be past that but now I cannot get past the pass word to get to the desk top.

I would like to load ubunta over Vista but I am not sure if I can. I am downloading it on another computer now and will burn a CD.

Can any one help me with what I should do next to get past the pass word to load Ubuntu?

Can I load ubuntu if I boot direct to the CD copy of ubuntu?

Will it overwrite Vista?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Steve