Some keys are missing in the "Power OFF" dialogue

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 25 17:13:00 UTC 2008

On 05/24/2008 10:35 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
> 2008/5/25, NoOp <glgxg>:

>> That is what fixed previous when logged in issues. As for your issue
>> where you click it twice and the second time it works, don't know.
>> Recommend that you file a bug & let the developers have  look at it.
>>
>> Yes, but where? Ubuntu? Gnome? Both?
>
> Maybe if I file a bug to the Ubuntu developers, and they find that it is a
> Gnome problem, they will file a bug to the Gnome developers..?
>
> J.R.

Three places to start:

1. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/FindRightPackage

2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
enter: 'logout applet' or 'logout' or 'logout dialog'
to search for exisiting/related bugs

3. Sometimes it's just as easy to check google first:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Blogout+applet
possibly related:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/powermanagement-interface/+bug/118537
[logout dialog does not offer suspend/hibernate]
[restart and shutdown button are no longer visible in logout window screen]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.searchtext=logout+dialog&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>

You'll need to check out the most obvious bugs & check the status/dates,
but more than likely you'll find one that relates to yours that you can
add to. If not, file a new one and even if it's not filed in the proper
package it will eventually be moved to what it applicable by a
knowledgeable responder.