Rhythmbox Crashes

Aaron soulblade at ntlworld.com
Sun May 25 13:28:30 UTC 2008

Liam McCombes wrote:
> When playing music, Rhythmbox has started to randomly become
> unresponsive whilst playing music, forcing me to end it using the
> killall command. When I open Rhythmbox again it freezes up as soon as
> I try to play a song. Can anyone provide help with this issue?
Hi there,

What version of Ubuntu are you running and when you use Rhythmbox what
other applications are running when it freezes up?

Using Wine apps in Ubuntu 8.04 can sometimes cause some native apps to
be missing if the wine app was started first. (In my experience YMMV.)

Also some info on your hardware may help :-)