Mount USB HDD to a certain /media/folder after boot

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux i-ubux at synass.net
Sun May 25 06:56:35 UTC 2008

Hi Mario,
Thanks for your feedback.

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 07:47 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> I don't know why all you people are messing around with fstab and UUIDs
> for external disks. Since ...

... I am not alone with this problem: There must be something as we say:
Where smoke is ...
... there mus be fire too !? ;-)

1) Some of us are experts and everything gets automatic and smooth ;-)
2) Some of us are greenhorns and newbies and things do not get automatic
and smooth ;-(

Unfortunately I am among the 2nd ! ;-|

>  ... They are mounted automatically ...

Well, with long years of experience in IT I know to good working now and
today does not mean working for ever and everywhere too ;-))

> In fact, I remember distinctly that this was even a selling point for 4.10 as opposed to Debian.

Here we are at 8.04 resp 7.10 ! ;-D

> Sorry, I cannot help here because of lack of experience.

Enjoy a nice Sunday perhaps with F1 in Monaco this afternoon !?

Cheers, svobi