Trouble displaying PNG files in Kubuntu Hardy

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun May 25 05:23:19 UTC 2008

Chandana De Silva wrote:
> I am having problems displaying PNG files in Kubuntu Hardy.
>
> I have libpng installed. Can any one shed any light on this ?. Or give
> me a pointer on how to debug this ?

Can you provide some more information? What application are you using and
is there an error message if you start the application from a terminal? I
can display png files with gwenview, konqueror, gimp, kuickshow (those
are the ones I tested, there may be others). Perhaps it is a problem with
a specific png file. Can you check with other png files?

Nils