ram music files

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Sat May 24 13:38:02 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 16:38 -0500, Joseph wrote:
>> I found a RealPlayer for Linux at
>> https://player.helixcommunity.org/ and it gave me a tarball that I'm
>> not positive how to
>> install.
>
> I don't know what else I should do than pointing you, for the third
> time, to the link I gave, which explains exactly what to do with the
> Realplayer tarball

I know you're a bit perturbed with my actions here, but when I try things and they don't work, I try something else.  I'd
gone to the page you'd suggested and attempted the commands.  Keep in mind, I'm quite new at this so I could be entering some
  things amiss.

My commands in the Terminal are as follows:

ragweed at ragweed-den:~$ sudo chmod +x realplayer11GOLD.bin[sudo] password for ragweed:
chmod: cannot access `realplayer11GOLD.bin': No such file or directory
ragweed at ragweed-den:~$ sudo chmod +x realplayer11GOLD.bin.tar.gz
chmod: cannot access `realplayer11GOLD.bin.tar.gz': No such file or directory
ragweed at ragweed-den:~$ cd /home/ragweed/Desktop/
ragweed at ragweed-den:~/Desktop$ sudo chmod +x RealPlayer11GOLD.bin.tar.gz
ragweed at ragweed-den:~/Desktop$ sudo RealPlayer11GOLD.bin.tar.gz
sudo: RealPlayer11GOLD.bin.tar.gz: command not found
ragweed at ragweed-den:~/Desktop$ sudo apt-get install pulse-utils
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
ragweed at ragweed-den:~/Desktop$ padsp realplay
exec: 88: realplay: not found
ragweed at ragweed-den:~/Desktop$

The file is "RealPlayer11GOLD.bin.tar.gz" as well as "RealPlayer11GOLD.bin" on my desktop, as I'm sure you can see.  Also,
I'd tried both using command both ways.  Neither works.

To be honest, I, as with many, learn far better by doing it from simple but precise directives, rather than from text with so
many variables, as with the page you suggested.

What changes should I make in my commands to get this to work?