Mount USB HDD to a certain /media/folder after boot

Catalin David c.david at jacobs-university.de
Sat May 24 08:55:43 UTC 2008

Dear users,

I know that it's Saturday and everyone is enjoying the week-end, but I
have a little problem...

I have an external NTFS formatted 500GB external USB drive which is not
always plugged in when I turn on the laptop. So... I was wondering if
there is any way to make it  mount directly to a special folder in
/media (for example disk_). I know that /etc/fstab takes care of these
details, but I don't know whether it will also work for plugged in HDD
after the boot sequence, while running Ubuntu.

So, if you know if /etc/fstab works, drop a line and enjoy sleeping :P

If it doesn't and you don't know any alternative, oh, well... still
enjoy sleeping!

Cheers,
Catalin

P.S.: If you know, please drop me a line. And then enjoy the best of
this day.