Free Book for learning Ubuntu /Linux

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Sat May 24 00:39:42 UTC 2008

SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux <i-ubux at synass.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 00:41 +0200, Florian Diesch wrote:
>> anuj <anuj.tomar at alabot.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I am new bee and I really want to clear my fundamentals for Ubuntu/Linux
>> > as I am training to become admin for ubuntu servers
>> >
>> > Pl advice if there free books /Guides on net which i can go through
>>
>> Install "rutebook" and have a look at /usr/share/doc/rutebook/
>
>>    Florian
>
> Hi Florian,
> Your rutebook hint is interesting ! ;-)
> It installs and there is a rutebook.pdf.gz with abolutely not entries or
> icons on the desktop !!
> How can a new bee get these things readable then ? ;-(

For me it just works in nautilus. If it doesn't for you open a terminal
window and type
  gzip -c  /usr/share/doc/rutebook/rutebook.pdf.gz > ~/Desktop/rutebook.pdf
(that's one line).  This copies a decompressed version of
/usr/share/doc/rutebook/rutebook.pdf.gz named rutebook.pdf to your
desktop.

Maybe typing
  see /usr/share/doc/rutebook/rutebook.pdf.gz
in a terminal window works, too.

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>